Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Spring is in the air! Check out these blooming finds...

I'll start back up with more Southwest recipes in my next post. Today I thought I'd spread a little of the spring fever that's been on my mind.

Maybe it's because I write young adult romance or maybe it's because I've always been drawn to anything with that vintage feel, but something about romantic spring blooms just suck me in.  I love a punch of color after the muted dark winter shades in my wardrobe and home decor.  I've already picked up a few spring items that have caught my eye and I thought I'd share them here.

With Valentine's Day packed up and Easter around the corner, I've begun adding a few spring touches around the house.  I found these two decorative plates at Michael's.  One was $3.99 and the other $5.99.

Bunny plate


Chick plate



My fashionista neighbor, Stephanie, brought this fun ring to my attention.  This romantic floral ring looks exactly like something you would find at Anthropologie, however, this gem was found in the dollar bins at Michael's!!!  Yes, folks, this beauty cost $1.00!






Continuing with the blooming motif, this Abercrombie & Fitch cardi just sings spring!  I love both colorways.  How darling would this be over a simple tank with some denim capri pants. 




And, everyone needs a new fresh white top mixed into their spring wardrobe.  The style and cut of this ruffled polo at Old Navy totally appeals to my love of vintage.  This top is very flattering and a great basic. 



What could be more vintage looking than a tank or tee from Vintage Lucy's?
http://www.vintagelucys.com/
***HOT TIP*** Be sure to check out Vintage Lucy's Facebook page for $14 weekly sale tanks & tees for Women and kids.  I just got this adorable tank for my daughter.
http://www.facebook.com/vintagelucys?v=wall&ref=mf


Now for the Vive la résistance!
I recently purchased this maxi skirt and floral top from my favorite store, Anthropologie.
http://www.anthropologie.com/anthro/catalog/productdetail.jsp?navAction=jump&id=20095469&parentid=SEARCH_RESULTS

I've read in several publications that the Maxi Skirt will be big this spring and summer.  Free People Apparel has the largest selection I've seen, but this particular outfit at Anthro is simply to die for.  I have a general rule against horizontal stripes, but this skirt broke all the rules.  The drape and angle of the stripes make this skirt so very slimming.  I did find this skirt to run long and generous, but then who doesn't love to fit into a smaller size. Grin.  I'm making cakes for a charity auction next weekend and I cannot wait to wear this outfit to the event! (I'll try and post some photos!)
~The Lemonista

***Giveaway Alert***
Oh, I almost forgot!   

I picked up an extra floral ring for my blog followers.  Leave a comment on this post and I'll have a drawing Friday 2/25/2011 for the ring. 

12 comments:

  1. Only $1 for those cute rings!? Thanks for the Vintage Lucy tip. Going to check it out right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute rings and that little chick plate is stinkin' adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ring, the 25th is Special to me, my baby turns six:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those bunny plates.

    I need some spring in Michigan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SOOOOOOO CUTE! I just cannot believe it was $1 only.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute rings and I love your spring picks! Your outfit from Anthro. is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erin, you are the essence of chic. :-) Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those rings are crazy cute Erin! What a find!!

    ReplyDelete