Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Easy, No-Bake, Nutter Butter Snowman Cookies


The kids and I made these cute snowman cookies yesterday to pass out as treat for our neighbors!
Thank you to Julie for this fun idea!

You will need

Melt chocolate.  (do not overheat or the chocolate will be ruined.)
Dip Nutter Butter Cookie in Chocolate and lay on parchment lined cookie sheet.

While chocolate is wet, add Tic Tac nose

and Mini chocolate chip eyes and buttons

*optional* add edible glitter to look like sparkling snow

Allow chocolate to set.  (I pop them in the frig for a few minutes)


Add your frosting scarf.  I did red and green for Christmas.  However, you could switch the colors to pink, aqua, yellow or whatever and make them for happy New Year treats!  I also bought cookie frosting to make this project quick and easy, but you can make your own frosting or use store bought frosting.  Put it in a zip lock bag and snip off a tiny corner to draw.


Allow frosting to set and then pack in cute containers.  I found these little treat boxes at Cost Plus for 50% off!  I think little Chinese take-out boxes would be cute too!




Now I just need to add our card and a ribbon and these are all ready to deliver to a friend.

5 comments:

  1. I wish I was one of your neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great idea, I wish Ayla could eat Peanut Butter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made these tonight for friends Christmas handouts. Worked out great, until I tried to remelt the chocolate..turned into a chunky mess! Any tips for what to do with the left over nutter butters and tictacs? Or better yet...any quick saves?

    ReplyDelete