Thursday, December 2, 2010

My First Holiday School Lunch--Christmas Angel Bento!


I just love this time of year!  I've been counting down the days until I had the opportunity to take a stab at Holiday Bento!  I've got some fun ideas to share this month.  After finding this pretty angel at Fancy Flours, I just knew I had to come up with a special lunch to show her off.




Icing Angel Assort
http://www.fancyflours.com/icing-angel-assort.html



First we have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with the crust cut off, cut in half and then the halves stacked on top of one another.  The American cheese word "Noel" was cut from Wilton's alphabet fondant cutters (found at Michaels).  To guild the lily, I added edible glitter stars!!! I found these at Michael's too! 
Wilton Edible Glitter
These are available in Silver and Gold!  Just think of the possibilities!

Next to the sandwich is a pink silicon baking cup filled with red grapes. 
Above the sandwich are blanched green beans and what Elyse affectionately calls her "pickle pet."
The pickle pet has a face made with a nori punch and red bow food pick. 

For dessert, I found these adorable Pepperidge Farm Ginger Family cookies at the grocery store. They taste as good as they look and I just can't help myself from dipping them in my morning coffee!



And for those who have an elf at their house, here's where our elf showed up this morning. 

He had a post-it note on his belly and two mini Christmas trees for the kids' rooms. Grin.

No comments:

Post a Comment